Saturday, March 16, 2019

Cyberhack Awareness

I usually don't post much on cyber security security because it is a such a large crime and the variations and techniques are so varied, I would spend way too much time on just that. Every once in while I will come across a cyber crime I will feel compelled to share with my readers for what ever reason.

In this particular hack, I felt was worth of your knowledge because it is ridiculously simple and I also feel it would most likely be perpetrated by someone you know.

This hack is being made known by the awesome Symantec technology company known for their security, storage and backup software. I thought it was cool of them to produce this video.



                                                                                                                                                                    
What could a hacker learn about you be accessing you email account(s) and how could they exploit the information they have access to?

Aside from getting to know more about your personal life, I also see the potential for identity theft by possibly getting more valuable information from your emails that could be pieced together to create your personal profile. That profile could further be used to apply for credit cards, loans, and various other things which would devastate your life.

Remember, identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the world.

Take heed.
eModicus

No comments:

Post a Comment