Saturday, March 16, 2019

Your PIN on my iPhone

 I've been trolling the deep web for more juicy security information for you and have had some major changes in my life which have kept moving around a lot. Regardless, I have found some info for your personal safety. I wanted to post this one first because I want to demonstrate how far criminals will go to achieve their goal of ripping you off using readily available technology. Although this methods may seem a little far fetched now, they are plausible and will eventually catch on. I want to give you a heads up so you can learn how to protect yourself now so you won't be a victim in the future.

The video uses an infrared iPhone camera attachment used to read your PIN number on most keypads. Since I used to be an infrared night vision system expert in the US Army, I can honestly say that this procedure will definitely work as demonstrated.

BTW, that is not me in the video. Mark Rober is the genius dude who demonstrates the procedure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vc-69M-UWk

So how do you protect yourself from this type of PIN theft? Well, first of all, keep in mind that even if some scumbag pulls this stunt on you, he may have your PIN number but, he still needs your actual debit card. The problem here lies in you becoming a mugging or theft victim.

I actually went into a store and tested a method to defeat this PIN theft procedure. The best method I found was to simply punch in your PIN number using the stylus attached to the keypad because it will not leave a heat signature. If no stylus is provided, use a pen, your keys or some other solid object to press the keypad buttons. That will eliminate any heat signatures on the keypad.

If you find yourself with nothing solid to press the keys with, use you finger but continue pressing additional buttons after you've entered your PIN since the code reader will only register the first four numbers anyway. Just make sure that you press one of the numbers in your PIN so the heat signature changes and leave a pattern.

Never underestimate the craftiness of greed.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment